[Libvirt-cim] PoolID RASD property

Dan Smith danms at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 6 15:13:33 UTC 2008

JF> Should this property be filled in on get of RASD?  Or is client
JF> expected to follow associations to determine pool from which the
JF> allocation occurs?  AFAICT, DSP1041 (RAP) is not clear on this.

You mean on regular RASDs that belong to guests?  We do set this
property on the template RASDs that come from AllocationCapabilities,
but that's because we need to know the pool membership on
DefineSystem().  Looking up the pool membership during, say, enum of
the regular RASDs is just another latency-inducing step, but I suppose
it should be done...

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center