[Libvirt-cim] Query on Pointing Device.

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Nov 21 05:50:14 UTC 2008

>> If we're unable to get the expected values from the guest, then some
>> kind of error in libvirt has occurred.  So setting the caption to
>> "Unknown bus Unknown device type" is a fall back in that case.
> What should be the values for Xen, XenFV, KVM and LXC  for input type
> and bus tags ?
> Should we supply input type='mouse' bus='xen' for XenPV by default?
> when to supply type=tablet and bus=ps2/usb ?

Yes - this is my mistake that I haven't covered the 'xen' bus type in
the input device.  I'll submit a patch that fixes this.

I haven't submitted patches for this yet, but here's what I'm planning.
  The template RASDs returned by the SDC association will return the
possible values for the input devices.  The DefineSystem() call in VSMS
will set default values if an input device isn't specified.

These are the possible values one can set:

Xen PV:  type: mouse   bus:  xen   (libvirt creates this by default)

Xen FV   type: mouse   bus:  ps2   (libvirt creates this by default)
          type: mouse   bus:  usb

KVM:     type: mouse   bus:  ps2
          type: mouse   bus:  usb
          type: tablet  bus:  usb