Re: [Libvirt-cim] KVM on sfcb Test Run Summary for Oct 14 2008

 >     SettingsDefineCapabilities - 03_forward_errs.py is not a valid
 > tc of XFAIL, we have
 >     to fix it.

The XFAIL of SettingsDefineCapabilities - 03_forward_errs.py is because of provider. There is none report with an invalid CreationClassName of AC on sfcb when I do wbemcli query as follows:

wbemcli ain -ac KVM_SettingsDefineCapabilities http://root:elm3b217 localhost/root/virt:KVM_invalid.InstanceID="MemoryPool/0"

     And I can get expect output on Pegauses:

wbemcli ain -ac Xen_SettingsDefineCapabilities http://root:elm3b217 localhost/root/virt:INVALID_CCN_KeyName.InstanceID="MemoryPool/0"
*
* wbemcli: Cim: (4) CIM_ERR_INVALID_PARAMETER: INVALID_CCN_KeyName.InstanceID="MemoryPool/0"
*

   I will add a known provider issue in wiki.
   Kaitlin - Would you please to fix this?
   Thanks!

This is a CIMOM issue, not a provider issue. The reference you are passing to the CIMOM is not valid.

The CIMOM looks at the classname of the reference to determine which provider will handle the request. Both KVM_invalid and INVALID_CCN_KeyName aren't valid classnames, so the CIMOM doesn't know which provider to call.

In this case, Pegasus returns an error.  sfcb, however, does not.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center