[Libvirt-cim] Re: Fw: [TEST] Test failure summary for Xen/XenFV with and without sblim base providers with current resource

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 17 19:47:56 UTC 2008

>  >
>  > The test behavior needs to be changed for the sblim case.
>  >
>  > 1) If SBLIM:  Enum of HostSystem doesn't return any instances
>  > 2) If not SBLIM:  Enum of HostSystem returns a single instance
>  >

>   If Enum of HostSystem doesn't return any instances with sblim base
> provider installed,
>   how to deal with Host* related test case? The association will return
> NULL through
>   HostSystem such as HostedResourcePool forward query, then what should
> we do?

This will be changed in the future.  The problem is that
Linux_ComputerSystem lives in a different namespace, so we need to make
the association providers handle the different namespaces.

In the SBLIM case, you'll want to use Linux_ComputerSystem instead of
HostSystem.  However, we don't support that yet.  I'd add a bug to the
cimtest wiki and then have the tests XFAIL in the situation where you
need to use Linux_ComputerSystem to resolve an association.

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com