[Libvirt-cim] Build error on with the librvirt-cim provider

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Sep 4 06:28:33 UTC 2008

Dan Smith wrote:
> DK> Yes, this error is from the RHEL5.2.  Since I did not install the
> DK> libvirt on the machine which I am using for testing, how do we
> DK> verify if its patched libvirt ?
>
> If it's libvirt-0.3.3 and you get the error that you're getting, then
> you're using a patched libvirt.  We also know that RHEL5.x has the
> patch.  The workaround is to continue to specify --disable-werror on the
> configure line.
>
> DK> I will not be able to give the result of this immediately as the
> DK> RHEL machine which I use is down.
>
> My recent two schema patches should resolve this issue for you.

I did not find any postinstall errors on RHEL today, except for some
warnings below.

Processing provider modules: Virt_ElementConformsToProfile
Virt_ReferencedProfile Virt_RegisteredProfile
Registering providers with active cimserver
Warning: the instance already exists.
In this implementation, that means it cannot be changed.
Warning: the instance already exists.
In this implementation, that means it cannot be changed.

Can we get the name of the instance as part of log messages, which it
tried to reinstall ?
Or the above message meant, Virt_ElementConformsToProfile
Virt_ReferencedProfile Virt_RegisteredProfile were already registered ??

Thanks and Regards,
Deepti.