[Libvirt-cim] Re: KVM on Pegasus Test Run Summary for Sep 10 2008 [ Current Source]

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 10 12:24:07 UTC 2008

Deepti B Kalakeri wrote:
> KVM on Pegasus Test Run Summary for Sep 10 2008
> Distro: Fedora release 8.92 (Rawhide)
> Kernel: 2.6.25-0.121.rc5.git4.fc9
> libvirt: 0.4.4
> Hypervisor: QEMU 0.9.1
> CIMOM: Pegasus 2.7.0
> Libvirt-cim revision: 680
> Libvirt-cim changeset: e4e78fce7957
> FAIL      : 2
> XFAIL     : 3
> SKIP      : 5
> PASS      : 125
> -----------------
> Total     : 135
> FAIL Test Summary:
> ComputerSystem - 23_suspend_suspend.py: FAIL
The above tc passed when run manually.
> ReferencedProfile - 01_verify_refprof.py: FAIL
This tc is failing bcs of the recent provider changes and the test case
needs to be reworked.
Patch under work.

> XFAIL Test Summary:
> ComputerSystem - 32_start_reboot.py: XFAIL
> ComputerSystem - 33_suspend_reboot.py: XFAIL
> ResourceAllocationFromPool - 05_RAPF_err.py: XFAIL
The above RAFP tc is written to verify that RAFP returns appropriate
error when a non-existing bridge or networkpool is used in defining a guest.
But, the tc now XFAIL's because it returns a valid RAFP record.
This is due to the use of the cim_define() in the test case.
Before calling the cim_define() we make necessary changes to the XML
configuration to reflect the invalid bridge/networkpool name.
But when we use the cim_define() function we do not have any means where
we can use the invalid networkpool name or bridgename.
Hence the DefineSystem() in the cim_define() goes ahead to define a
guest with the valid networkpoolname and RAFP returns a record, which is
against the test case.
I ran the tc for Xen/XenFV and the tc fails there as well.
Can we revert back to the define() [which used virsh to define the
guest], which initially existed in the tc ??

Thanks and Regards,
Deepti.