[Libvirt-cim] 'Parsing error' during make postinstall step of installing libvirt-cim

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jan 15 20:09:19 UTC 2009

> But one particular error message given below is worrying me.
>
> Parsing error: parse error: Error adding class Xen_HostedResourcePool to
> the repository: CIM_ERR_INVALID_SUPERCLASS: CIM_HostedResourcePool

I wasn't able to reproduce this problem using a clean tree and clean
Pegasus repository.

Sounds like the CIM_HostedResourcePool and Xen_HostedResourcePool
classes might not have been added to your repository.

You can verify with the following commands:

To check the root/virt namespace:
wbemcli ecn http://localhost/root/virt:CIM_HostedResourcePool
wbemcli ecn http://localhost/root/virt:Xen_HostedResourcePool

To check the root/cimv2 namespace:
wbemcli ecn http://localhost/root/cimv2:CIM_HostedResourcePool
wbemcli ecn http://localhost/root/cimv2:Xen_HostedResourcePool

If the class isn't found (should look like the output below), you can
try running the following:

1) make preuninstall
2) make preinstall
3) Restart the CIMOM
4) make postinstall

Let us know if the problem persists.  Also, let us know which CIMOM you
are using. I tested with Pegasus 2.7.2-2 on an Fedora 10 system.

-----

$ wbemcli ecn http://localhost/root/cimv2:CIM_HostedResourcePool
localhost:5988/root/cimv2:Xen_HostedResourcePool
localhost:5988/root/cimv2:KVM_HostedResourcePool
localhost:5988/root/cimv2:LXC_HostedResourcePool

> The complete output from the 'make postinstall' command is attached.
>
> Please advise on whether these error messages needs to be looked into or
> could be safely ignored.

Warning: the instance already exists.
In this implementation, that means it cannot be changed.

These message can be ignored.  You're correct, this is because make
postinstall was run several times.  It means that some of the providers
are already registered properly.

----------

Parsing error: parse error: Error adding class
Virt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService to the repository:
CIM_ERR_CLASS_HAS_CHILDREN: Virt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService

This means the class is already present in the repository.  You can
verify using:

$ wbemcli ecn http://localhost/root/virt:Virt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService
localhost:5988/root/virt:KVM_VirtualSystemSnapshotService
localhost:5988/root/virt:Xen_VirtualSystemSnapshotService
localhost:5988/root/virt:LXC_VirtualSystemSnapshotService

-----------

Parsing error: parse error: Error adding class
CIM_VirtualSystemMigrationService to the repository:
CIM_ERR_CLASS_HAS_CHILDREN: CIM_VirtualSystemMigrationService

Same issue here.

> Also, the README contained in the source tar.gz files found at
> ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/CIM/ seems to be outdated, e.g. it didn't
> mention about the make preinstall step. May be README could just give a
> link to the wiki page which seems to be current.

Sounds like the README is out of date.  I'll update this information.
Thanks!

--
Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center