[Libvirt-cim] 'Parsing error' during make postinstall step of installing libvirt-cim

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jan 19 05:59:25 UTC 2009

U Gopalakrishnan wrote:

> > You can check to see if the root/cimv2 namespace is populated by doing
> > the following:
>
> > /var/lib/Pegasus/repository/root#cimv2/classes
>
> > You should see a number of classes there.  CIM_SystemComponent
> should be
> > present there as well.
>
> I checked by Pegasus installation root/cimv2 is populated and
> CIM_SystemComponent class is also present.
> Here is the output.
>
> # ls /var/lib/Pegasus/repository/root#cimv2/classes |grep
> CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_AccountOnSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_ApplicationSystemSoftwareFeature.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_ASBGPEndpoints.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_ComponentCS.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_Confederation.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_ContainedDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_FilterEntryInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_FilterListInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_HostedFileSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_HostedStoragePool.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_InstalledOS.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_J2eeApplicationModule.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_J2eeServerInDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_PolicyContainerInPolicyContainer.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_PolicyRepositoryInPolicyRepository.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_ResourceOfSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_RoutersInAS.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_SystemBIOS.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_SystemComponent.CIM_Component
> CIM_SystemDevice.CIM_SystemComponent
> #
>
> I dont see CIM_HostedResourcePool in root/cimv2. But do see it in
> root/virt namespace.
The CIM_HostedResourcePool needs to be present in the root/cimv2
namespace as well.

> # ls /var/lib/Pegasus/repository/root#virt/classes |grep
> CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_AccountOnSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_ApplicationSystemSoftwareFeature.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_ASBGPEndpoints.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_ComponentCS.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_Confederation.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_ContainedDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_FilterEntryInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_FilterListInSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_HostedFileSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_HostedResourcePool.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_InstalledOS.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_J2eeApplicationModule.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_J2eeServerInDomain.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_PolicyContainerInPolicyContainer.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_PolicyRepositoryInPolicyRepository.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_ResourceOfSystem.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_RoutersInAS.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_SystemBIOS.CIM_SystemComponent
> CIM_SystemComponent.CIM_Component
> CIM_SystemDevice.CIM_SystemComponent
> #
>
> Thanks
> Gopal
Can you
1) unistall the pegasus
2) rm -rf /var/lib/Pegasus/repository,
3) Install the pegasus
4) verify the HostedResourcePool registered in the root/cimv2 namespace
by executing
    wbemcli ecn http://root:passwd@localhost/root/cimv2 | grep
CIM_HostedResourcePool
    localhost:5988/root/cimv2:CIM_HostedResourcePool
5) then do a make preinstall ,make postinstall.

This should quickly solve the problem for you.