[Libvirt-cim] Re: Test Run Summary (Mar 03 2009): XenFV on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) with Pegasus

Deepti B Kalakeri deeptik at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 4 05:17:44 UTC 2009

Kaitlin Rupert wrote:
>>> =================================================
>>> FAIL Test Summary:
>>> NetworkPort - 02_np_gi_errors.py: FAIL
>> Passed on manual run.
>>> VirtualSystemManagementService - 09_procrasd_persist.py: FAIL
>> The tc fails because the VirtualQuantity for the running guest is not
>> the same as VirtualQuantity used when defining the guest.
>> This tc Pass for Xen .
>>
>>> VirtualSystemManagementService - 14_define_sys_disk.py: FAIL
>> The DiskRASD['Caption'] field is not set properly.
>> This has been used in the test while customizing the values for
>> DiskRASD to be passed before defining the domain.
>> Need to verify this further since the F9 rpm with revision 613 worked
>> fine.
>>> VirtualSystemMigrationService - 01_migratable_host.py: FAIL
>>> VirtualSystemMigrationService - 02_host_migrate_type.py: FAIL
>> The test case are taking too long to start the domain to be migrated.
>> The guest used to migrate which is in the define state seems in the
>> mid of the transition from defined to start state.
>> The State of the dom_migrate is set to "no state".
>>> VirtualSystemMigrationService - 05_migratable_host_errs.py: FAIL
>> Passed on manual run.
>>
>>> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
>>> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 03_vssdc_fwd_errs.py: FAIL
>>> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 04_vssdc_rev_errs.py: FAIL
>> Passed on manual run.
>
> For the items that pass on a manual run, any idea why they fail in
> bulk run?
I would need to see if NetworkPort - 02_np_gi_errors.py fails on bulk
run again. This is the first time it has failed.
But for the following tests I suspect the migration tests the reason.

VirtualSystemMigrationService - 05_migratable_host_errs.py: FAIL
VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 03_vssdc_fwd_errs.py: FAIL
VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 04_vssdc_rev_errs.py: FAIL

Most of the times the dom_migrate domain that is created on the host
does not get cleaned.
Since all the tc uses the same images, the consecutive tests fails when
they try to create a new guest.
The problem is seen only with Xen/XenFV and that too with the Rhel, if
you remember we used to face the same problem with Rhel5.2 as well.
It takes lot of virsh destroy commands to actually destroy the guest
created by the migration tc.
Sometimes I need to restart the xend to see the refreshed list of
domains on the host.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Deepti B. Kalakeri