[Libvirt-cim] Test Run Summary (Nov 10 2009): KVM on Fedora release 11 (Leonidas) with Pegasus

Kaitlin Rupert kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 10 18:24:31 UTC 2009

> ComputerSystem - 34_start_disable.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Exception: local variable 'cxml' referenced before assignment
> ERROR   - UnboundLocalError : local variable 'cxml' referenced before
> assignment
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./lib/XenKvmLib/const.py", line 139, in do_try
>   File "34_start_disable.py", line 91, in main
>     cxml.cim_destroy(server)
> UnboundLocalError: local variable 'cxml' referenced before assignment
> ERROR   - None

This is due to a bug in the patch I submitted for this test case.  I've
sent a revision for this.

> ResourcePoolConfigurationService - 10_create_storagevolume.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Exception details: (1, u'CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to create
> storage volume: invalid storage pool pointer in storage vol already
> exists')
> InvokeMethod(CreateResourceInPool): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to create
> storage volume: invalid storage pool pointer in storage vol already exists

Test case issue - I'll send a patch to fix this.

> ResourcePoolConfigurationService - 13_delete_storagevolume.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Exception details: Failed to get the resource settings for
> 'cimtest-vol.img' Vol

Test case issue - I'll send a patch to fix this.

> ResourcePoolConfigurationService - 14_delete_storagevolume_errs.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Exception details: (1, u'CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to create
> storage volume: invalid storage pool pointer in storage vol already
> exists')
> InvokeMethod(CreateResourceInPool): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to create
> storage volume: invalid storage pool pointer in storage vol already exists

Test case issue - I'll send a patch to fix this.

> VirtualSystemManagementService - 15_mod_system_settings.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - (1, u'CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to parse embedded object')
> InvokeMethod(ModifySystemSettings): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to parse
> embedded object

The version of libcmpiutil needs to be updated in Fedora 11.

> ----------------------------------

> VirtualSystemManagementService - 18_define_sys_bridge.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Failed to create Virtual Network 'cimtest-networkpool63'
> ERROR   - Unable to create network pool

Environment issue on the system - too many bridges already defined

> VirtualSystemManagementService - 19_definenetwork_ers.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Failed to create Virtual Network 'cimtest-networkpool42'
> ERROR   - Unable to create network pool

Environment issue on the system - too many bridges already defined

> VirtualSystemManagementService - 24_define_sys_features.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - TypeError : __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'pae'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./lib/XenKvmLib/const.py", line 139, in do_try
>   File "24_define_sys_features.py", line 41, in main
>     acpi=True, apic=True)
> TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'pae'
> ERROR   - None

This test isn't upstream yet.  It's a test I'm working on; I
accidentally had it applied in my tree.

> VirtualSystemMigrationService - 06_remote_live_migration.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Failed to copy the image file
> '/var/lib/libvirt/images/default-kvm-dimage' for migration to
> 'localhost.localdomain'
> ERROR   - Exception in local_remote_migrate()
> ERROR   - Exception details Failure from remote_copy_guest_image()

Used the hostname of the system for the -i option, instead of using
localhost.  KVM doesn't support localhost migration.

> VirtualSystemMigrationService - 07_remote_offline_migration.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Failed to copy the image file
> '/var/lib/libvirt/images/default-kvm-dimage' for migration to
> 'localhost.localdomain'
> ERROR   - Exception in local_remote_migrate()
> ERROR   - Exception details Failure from remote_copy_guest_image()

Used the hostname of the system for the -i option, instead of using
localhost.  KVM doesn't support localhost migration.

> VirtualSystemMigrationService - 08_remote_restart_resume_migration.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Got CIM error CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to start domain: internal
> error Network 'cimtest-networkpool' not found with return code 1
> ERROR   - Error to start domain VM_frm_elm3b41.beaverton.ibm.com
> ERROR   - Error setting up the guest
> InvokeMethod(RequestStateChange): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to start
> domain: internal error Network 'cimtest-networkpool' not found

Used the hostname of the system for the -i option, instead of using
localhost.  KVM doesn't support localhost migration.

> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 02_reverse.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Got CIM error CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to start domain: internal
> error Network 'cimtest-networkpool' not found with return code 1
> ERROR   - Failed to start the dom: VSSDC_dom
> InvokeMethod(RequestStateChange): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to start
> domain: internal error Network 'cimtest-networkpool' not found

The migration tests cleaned up the network incorrectly.  These tests
pass normally.

> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 03_vssdc_fwd_errs.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Got CIM error CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to start domain: internal
> error Network 'cimtest-networkpool' not found with return code 1
> ERROR   - Unable to start domain domu1
> InvokeMethod(RequestStateChange): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to start
> domain: internal error Network 'cimtest-networkpool' not found

The migration tests cleaned up the network incorrectly.  These tests
pass normally.

> VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent - 04_vssdc_rev_errs.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Got CIM error CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to start domain: internal
> error Network 'cimtest-networkpool' not found with return code 1
> ERROR   - Unable to start domain domu1
> InvokeMethod(RequestStateChange): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to start
> domain: internal error Network 'cimtest-networkpool' not found

The migration tests cleaned up the network incorrectly.  These tests
pass normally.

> VirtualSystemSnapshotService - 03_create_snapshot.py: FAIL
> ERROR   - Got CIM error CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to start domain: internal
> error Network 'cimtest-networkpool' not found with return code 1
> ERROR   - Exception: Failed to start the defined domain: snapshot_vm
> ERROR   - Failed to remove snapshot file for snapshot_vm
> InvokeMethod(RequestStateChange): CIM_ERR_FAILED: Unable to start
> domain: internal error Network 'cimtest-networkpool' not found

The migration tests cleaned up the network incorrectly.  These tests
pass normally.

Kaitlin Rupert
IBM Linux Technology Center
kaitlin at linux.vnet.ibm.com