[Libvirt-cim] Better to Add Code to check "End of line" character in schema file

Sharad Mishra snmishra at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 29 16:37:22 UTC 2011

Wayne,

	Are you saying that after you install libvirt-cim RPM it does not
find libvirt-cim libs?
	I have not seen this issue, I always uninstall (rpm -e) libvirt-cim
before installing (rpm -i) the new version.

Sharad Mishra
Open Virtualization
Linux Technology Center
IBM

             Wayne Xia
             <xiawenc at linux.vn
             et.ibm.com>                                                To
                                       Chip Vincent
             08/29/11 02:35 AM         <cvincent at linux.vnet.ibm.com>,
                                       "Eduardo Lima (Etrunko)"
                                       <eblima at linux.vnet.ibm.com>, Sharad
                                       Mishra/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS, Gareth
                                       S Bestor/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS,
                                       List for discussion and development
                                       of libvirt CIM
                                       <libvirt-cim at redhat.com>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Better to Add Code to check "End of
                                       line" character in schema file

When I try add new class to libvirt-cim, I found that if the "end of
line" character use the windows format(\t\n), then the rpm making would
succeed, but the pegasus would not find the correct .so file, indeed
pegasus seems to linked to a wrong file.

It takes me a long time to find the reason, so I think it is better to
add some scripts to check this, or show a warning for it.

--
Best Regards

Wayne Xia
mail:xiawenc at linux.vnet.ibm.com