[Libvirt-cim] Error doing make install for libvirt-cim

Sharad Mishra snmishra at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 1 17:34:35 UTC 2011

Deepak,

	I have not tried Ubuntu. But have used RH and SuSE, and never had to
do any of the manual steps you mentioned here.
	I recommend, on a fresh system installing libcmpiutil and then get
libvirt-cim and  run -
1. autoconfiscate.sh
2. configure
3. make

	Let me know if that does not work for you.

Regards,
Sharad Mishra
Open Virtualization
Linux Technology Center
IBM

<libvirt-cim at redhat.com>

> Wayne Xia <xiawenc at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
>
> cc
>
> List for discussion and development of libvirt CIM
<libvirt-cim at redhat.com>

> Subject
>
> Re: [Libvirt-cim] Error doing make install for libvirt-cim
>
> It looks like there is a bug in the ' make install'
> I had to manually do the steps below to copy the library onto the
> right path, before make install could succed
> Took clues from the libxkutil.a library install that happens just
> before this error.
>
> cd /home/dpkshetty/work/libvirt-cim/libvirt-cim/src/
>
> 1) /usr/bin/install -c .libs/
> libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.so.0.5.14 /home/dpkshetty/usr/
> lib/cmpi/libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.so.0.5.14
> 2) cd /home/dpkshetty/usr/lib/cmpi/
> 3) ln -s -f  libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.so.0.5.14
> libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.so.0
> 4) ln -s -f  libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.so.0.5.14
> libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.so
> 5) cd /home/dpkshetty/work/libvirt-cim/libvirt-cim/src/
> 6) /usr/bin/install -c .libs/
> libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.lai /home/dpkshetty/usr/lib/
> cmpi/libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.la
> 7) /usr/bin/install -c .libs/libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.a
> /home/dpkshetty/usr/lib/cmpi/libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.a
> 8) chmod 644 /home/dpkshetty/usr/lib/cmpi/
> libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.a
> 9)
ranlib /home/dpkshetty/usr/lib/cmpi/libVirt_VirtualSystemSnapshotService.a