[Libvirt-cim] libvirt-cim compil errors

John Ferlan jferlan at redhat.com
Mon Jan 27 15:48:58 UTC 2014

On 01/27/2014 07:31 AM, Bouabid Amine wrote:
> Ok,
> I installed libvirt from built APT (my machine is under ubuntu 13.10)
> Amine Bouabid
> On 27/01/2014 12:30, John Ferlan wrote:
>> Once you have things working... patches are always welcome!
>>
>> Updating the web pages has been on a todo list of mine for a while, but
>> it's never reached the top of the list.
>>
>> As for your install question - how did you 'install' your built version
>> of libvirt-cim?  Via the 'make install'? or from a built rpm?

I'm not familiar with apt, but I think you should be OK - that is the
rpm (and I assume apt) process will replace the existing installation
with the new one completely and restart the tog-pegasus server.  I
wasn't as confident the 'make install' processing would do all the right
steps. In my Fedora environment I will use make rpm, then remove the
existing via rpm -e libvirt-cim, and replace with the new via yum
install <path to my local install area created by the rpmbuild>.  I do
this quite frequently when I'm making changes/adjustments to the code
without bumping version numbers in the libvirt-cim.spec file.

John