[libvirt-users] Windows Client

Tim McLeod tim.mcleod at simulamen.eu
Thu Apr 29 18:17:58 UTC 2010

Thank you for your swift response.  However, still not able to connect to the ubuntu libvirtd.  Have you ever seen a grown man cry?

Edited /etc/libvirt/libvirt.conf as follows:
listen_tcp = 1
auth_tcp = "none"

Edited /etc/default//libvirt-bin as follows:
libvirt-opts="-d -l"

Running virsh on Vista client fails as follows:
$ virsh -c qemu+tcp://192.168.1.101/system
error: unable to connect to libvirtd at '192.168.1.101': errno=10061
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

Running virsh on Ubuntu server fails as follows:
$ virsh -c qemu+tcp:///system
Connecting to uri: qemu+tcp:///system
error: unable to connect to libvirtd at 'localhost': Connection refused
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

Indeed, with libvirt-opts="-d -l" in etc/default//libvirt-bin the 'default' command also fails:
$ virsh -c qemu:///system
Connecting to uri: qemu:///system
error: unable to connect to 'var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': Connection refused
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

The rationale for using insecure TCP was to quickly prove a concept with the minimum of fuss.  Perhaps this is not the way forward.  Suggestions very welcome...

Tim McLeod