[libvirt-users] Deploying libvirt with live migration

Scott Baker bakers at canbytel.com
Mon Dec 13 21:44:17 UTC 2010

I have two physical servers: Virt1 and Virt2. I'm setting up live
migration with CentOS 5.5 between the two. I've done this by NFS
mounting /etc/libvirt and /var/lib/libvirt/images on both servers. This
is working well for me except for one thing.

I see the same list of VMs on each server (as expected), but each server
(Virt1 and Virt2) are able to start the same VM at the same time. This
obviously causes IP conflicts and thrashes the disk image. Is there a
way to tell my VM "cluster" that a VM is only allowed to be opened on
one host at a time?

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
System Administrator - RHCE - 503.266.8253