[libvirt-users] libvirt restarting vms on restart?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Jan 15 09:45:13 UTC 2010

Recent versions of libvirt seem to have taken to starting new copies of
my vms when they restart.

Any vm marked to start when libvirt is started is started, even if it is
already running, which leads to multiple running vms trying to use the
same disk image.

I think this probably started with the upgrade from 0.7.4 to 0.7.5 but I
can't be entirely sure as I only realised yesterday that I had somehow
managed to get multiple instances of a VM running. It definitely
happened this morning when the updated from 0.7.5.-1 to 0.7.5-3 in the
F12 virt-preview repo caused a restart.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)