[libvirt-users] poor network performance to one of two guests

Philip Nelson philip at whatsbeef.net
Sun Jan 31 06:53:23 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 03:14:52PM +1100, Philip Nelson wrote:
> G'day, I have a host running two kvm guests. One of them gets very poor network
> performance

I think I've figured this out. I created a 3rd guest to test and with iperf I
was getting nearly 2Gbit/sec. I found the only difference was the interface had
<model type='virtio'/>, so I added that to guest A and then had much better
network performance. I'm guessing that was ommitted because I had used an older
version of libvirt/virtinst when initially creating the guest (whichever version
comes with lenny). I still don't know why one guest was much slower than the
other, but it seems like it's all good now.

Cheers

-- Philip