[libvirt-users] upgrading from 0.7.2 to 0.8.1

Todd, John A John.Todd at ca.com
Tue Jun 8 17:38:32 UTC 2010

Hi, I had 0.7.2 running as an out-of-the-box version of libvirtd

I ran xend and it could connect to xen:/// (with virsh)

I'm trying to build a eucalyptus cloud and its not working, saying
'cannot connect to xen:///' and I don't know why.

So I figure I'd get the source and try and figure it out....and upgrade
while I was at it.

I got 0.8.1 from source, built it and installed it.

First of all, it installed everything using /usr/local as its root, is
this configurable?

I mean doing that it left my 0.7.2 still there and I had to do some
magic to replace it with the new stuff.

Now it connects to vbox:///system fine, but can't see xen:///

What's vbox:///system anyway?

Could it be my xend is talking to old binaries? (though I don't know
what they would be exactly)

Is there some configuration (beyond the certificate stuff which I did to
get libvirt actually up and running) with 0.8.1 (or in general as
configuration for 0.7.2 was done behind the scene as part of OS install)

That I need to do so it can connect to xen:/// again?

I'm not subscribed to the list, please email responses directly to me at
todjo06 at ca.com

Thanks.

- Q