[libvirt-users] libvirt API hangs

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Wed Jun 16 18:10:32 UTC 2010

On 06/16/10 - 11:02:01PM, Zhang Qian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have someVMs in my KVM hosts(RHEL 5.5), I found when run "virsh save
> hang until the save command finishes.
> Is this libvirt's behavior? Or KVM/QEMU's? This may impact the performance.

This is a bug in libvirtd itself, in that the threading wasn't properly
unlocking all of the time.  So the save command would take a lock for the
duration of the command, and all other commands would queue up behind it.
Recent work in libvirt should have mostly eliminated this phenomenon; you'll
want to try out libvirt 0.8.1 or later.

--
Chris Lalancette