[libvirt-users] libvirtError: poll on socket failed: Interrupted system call

jeremy avnet brainsik+libvirt at saucelabs.com
Fri Jun 18 22:44:37 UTC 2010

Hello. I just upgraded from libvirt 0.7.0 to 0.7.5 in Ubuntu Lucid and now
my application will get into a hung state. I have to kill it at which point
I get the following error from the Python bindings:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/app/vm.py", line 246, in launch
    vm.create()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 300, in create
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed', dom=self)
libvirtError: poll on socket failed: Interrupted system call

Some searches turned up a patch involving signals sent by ncurses apps
resizing, but this is not an ncurses app. It's a daemonized Python Twisted
application. Unfortunately, this problem is making it so the application
hangs indefinitely until we kill it and start it again.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Thanks!
.:. jeremy