[libvirt-users] No qemu-dm process for running domain

Zhang Qian zhq527725 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 05:41:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

My C application is using libvirt to operate domains, but I found when I
started a domain with my application, there was no qemu-dm for this running
VM, and I can not access this domain with the graphic console provided by
virt-manager. But if I started the same domain with virsh which linked with
the libvirt shipped in OS, everything was OK, there will be a qemu-dm
process for the running domain, and the graphic console provided by
virt-manager worked well.

The libvirt used by my application is libvirt-0.6.4, I just downloaded
libvirt-0.6.4.tar.gz from
http://libvirt.org/sources/old/libvirt-0.6.4.tar.gz, and I built it by
running "./configure --prefix=/usr && make". Here are the details of my
machine:

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Scientific Linux SL release 5.4 (Boron)

# uname -an
Linux ib06b07 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5xen #1 SMP Wed Jan 20 08:53:10 EST 2010
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Was there anything wrong when I built libvirt-0.6.4? Should I enable some
compilation options for launching qemu-dm process for running domains?
Any suggestions will be really appreciated, thanks in advance!

Regards,
Qian