[libvirt-users] Problem attaching device

steven765 at yahoo.com steven765 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 21:37:52 UTC 2010

I keep getting an error when I try to attach a device in the libvirt api through python

The python code is:

     conn=libvirt.open('qemu:///system')
     dom = conn.lookupByName("fedoratest")
     if dom.info()[0]==1:
         dom.attachDevice('net.xml')

And I keep getting: "libvirtError: XML description not well formed or invalid

   The xml is a simple network card that works fine in virsh. It is just:
#cat net.xml
<interface type='network'>
           <mac address='52:54:00:00:fe:5c'/>
           <source network-'default'/>
            target dev='vnet1'/>
</interface>

I've tired giving it the full path still no luck.
Thanks in advance,