[libvirt-users] Qemu driver not supporting VIR_DOMAIN_DEVICE_MODIFY_CONFIG yet?

Guido Winkelmann guido-libvi at unknownsite.de
Mon May 31 15:52:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

According to the docs on
http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virDomainDetachDeviceFlags
I ought to be able to do

virDomainDetachDeviceFlags(
	<domain>,
	<devicexml>,
	VIR_DOMAIN_DEVICE_MODIFY_LIVE | VIR_DOMAIN_DEVICE_MODIFY_CONFIG);

to detach a volume both from a currently running VM instance and permanently
from the defined config file.

If I actually try that, though, I'm getting this error:

libvir: QEMU error : Requested operation is not valid: cannot modify the
persistent configuration of a domain

The same thing happens whether or not the domain is running and also happens
if I leave out the "VIR_DOMAIN_DEVICE_MODIFY_LIVE" part.

Does the qemu driver simply not support VIR_DOMAIN_DEVICE_MODIFY_CONFIG yet
(libvirt 0.8.1), or is there some other problem here?

	Guido