[libvirt-users] LXC

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Oct 5 01:59:20 UTC 2010

On 10/05/2010 08:53 AM, Papp Tamás wrote:
<snip>
> I'm trying to connect to the console:
>
> $ virsh --connect=lxc:/// console test
> Connected to domain test
> Escape character is ^]
>

> And it got off:
>
> $ virsh --connect=lxc:/// list --all
> Id Name State
> ----------------------------------
> - test shut off
>
> /var/log/libvirt/lxc/test.log:
>
> 23:17:13.463: error : lxcFdForward:231 : read of fd 7 failed:
> Input/output error

Ouch, that sounds like a bug, rather than being caused by you doing
something wrong.

I personally don't know anything about lxc though, so we'll need to wait
for someone with lxc experience to took at this.  Might be tomorrow? not
sure who is into lxc. :/

In the meantime, if you want to increase the level of logging
generated by libvirt, it may reveal useful information.

To do that, change your /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf.

Change:

   #log_level = 3

to:

   log_level = 2

(it's more info, but not as much as level 1.  Level 1 can sometimes be
too much information)

And also change:

   # log_outputs="3:syslog:libvirtd"

to:

   log_outputs="2:file:/var/log/libvirt/libvirt.log"

In the configuration file, there is also a "log_filters" field.  It's
probably best to leave that commented out for now, so you capture
logging information from all sources.

Then restart the libvirt daemon.  It should then create the log file
/var/log/libvirt/libvirt.log.

Try creating the problem again, and see if anything useful turns
up.  (it may not)

Hopefully that helps. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift