[libvirt-users] Mac OS X: dyld: lazy symbol binding failed

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Oct 12 12:36:11 UTC 2010

On 10/09/2010 05:19 AM, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
> Justin,
>
> No problem, I appreciate you even responding/attempting. I'll
> cross-post this onto libvirt-dev then.

Heh.  They forwarded it to me internally, as I've "been doing stuff for
OSX". :/

One of them did point out that it's probably something to do with the
linker not exporting a symbol on MacOS X for some reason.

By default (so I'm told), libvirt uses some kind of linker script to
do the linking at compile time, and the symbols it exports are in the
file <libvirt_source_dir>/src/libvirt_public.syms.

It looks to be a plain text file of simple structure, but there's no
mention of the word "Thread" in it anywhere.

Don't suppose you know much about linking scripts? :)

(yeah, I'm reaching :>)