[libvirt-users] FYI: SpecVirt results using libvirt + KVM

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 12:16:31 UTC 2011

Some folks may be aware of the SpecVirt benchmark, where KVM is giving
the competition something to worry about :-)

    http://www.spec.org/virt_sc2010/results/

>From the POV of libvirt uses though, there has been one annoyance with
the previously submitted results though, in that they have been invoking
the KVM command line directly. This has made it harder for people who are
deploying KVM using libvirt to replicate the optimal configurations.

I'm pleased to be able to point out that the latest result published for
KVM by IBM has in fact been done using libvirt! You can clearly see how
the guests are being configured with libvirt and the results demonstrate
that using libvirt to manage KVM does not involve sacrificing any of the
performance that KVM offers:

    http://www.spec.org/virt_sc2010/results/res2011q4/

This can only continue to get better as our communities work together
to add more performance related features to both libvirt and KVM :-)

Regards,
Daniel