[libvirt-users] Adding a public static IP address to the guest

libvirt at allyourspam.arebelongtous.com libvirt at allyourspam.arebelongtous.com
Wed Dec 14 21:38:54 UTC 2011

The easiest way that I found to do this is to configure a bridge on your
physical host's NIC, and then configure the KVM guest to use the shared
device.

I used the following general howto to originally get this set up:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/rhel-linux-kvm-virtualization-bridged-networking-with-libvirt/

-Kevin