[libvirt-users] Compatibility with Parallels Virtouzo

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:03:06 UTC 2011

2011/7/12 Andreas Mauf <a.mauf at syseleven.de>:
> Yes, vzctl works. But how do I connect to Virtuozzo? Using the openvz driver
> it doesn't work out of the box:
> virsh # connect openvz:///system
> error: Failed to connect to the hypervisor
> error: no connection driver available for openvz:///system

You're libvirt might be compiled without OpenVZ support. Try

  LIBVIRT_DEBUG=1 virsh -c openvz:///system

and check if it's probing the OpenVZ driver.

On the other hand the OpenVZ driver checks for the existence of
/proc/vz and reports an error if it's not there

  $ virsh -c openvz:///system
  error: internal error OpenVZ control file /proc/vz does not exist
  error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

This might need to be changed/extended in your case, I don't know.

--
Matthias Bolte
http://photron.blogspot.com