[libvirt-users] Custom storage pools/volumes

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Fri Jul 29 16:35:55 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

We're currently working with using libvirt as an abstract API to make our dealings with other hypervisors far easier and faster, however, we have our own storage API that connects/disconnects and makes LUNs available over iSCSI with iSER.

We would have loved to use a storage pool however our system implements a one target per LUN/VDI, therefore, we'd have to create a pool for each server.

We really would like to utilize the virStorageVolDownload / virStorageVolUpload API calls, however, it seems that those would only work if the storage volume is within a pool.

Is there a way we could possibly define a storage volume without a pool or will we have to create a storage pool for each individual volume?

Thank you,
Mohammed Naser
http://vexxhost.com