[libvirt-users] Shared Folders

Guilherme Santos guisgb13 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:38:35 UTC 2011

Well, I am still with that problem, attempting to create shared folders, so
I will try to be more specific and then maybe somebody can help me.

When I say "I am trying to set up shared folders", I mean that I set this
configuration in my XML description:

    <filesystem type='template' accessmode='mapped'>
      <source name='/home/guilhermesgb/Desktop/SharedFolder/>
      <target dir='/home/tarciso/Desktop/SharedFolder'/>
    </filesystem>

This was my last attempt. I also tried all other combinations, with
accessmodes "passthrough" and "squash", for filesystem type "mount" too.

I can't send you any error messages neither printscreens because my problem
is that anything happens, the domain is started properly but no shared
folder is specified so I can mount it, using command "sudo mount -t vboxsf
SharedFolder /home/tarciso/Desktop/SharedFolder". I always get a protocol
error.

I was expecting libvirt to automatically do this step for me, so I wouldn't
need to do it manually through vbox GUI or VBoxManage.

During my searches through the web, I found this other option, although I
can't be sure if it is implemented, as the libvirt website says nothing
about it: defining an XML file with this configuration:

    <shareddir fstype="ext4" path="/home/guilhermesgb/Desktop/SharedFolder"
mount_tag="SharingName" security_model="passthrough" />

And then mounting it with proper command (the same as before, now with the
mount_tag specified: "sudo mount -t vboxsf SharingName
/home/tarciso/Desktop/SharedFolder" . Unfortunatelly the same error
persists.

Am I missing something?

Sorry if my first message was hard to understand. Thanks.

--
Guilherme Santos G. Baptista
Graduando em Ciência da Computação pela UFCG