[libvirt-users] request to add an application the app listing on libvirt site

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 01:31:40 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 11:32:48AM +0300, Ohad Levy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to add two apps which uses libvirt the site.
>
> Ruby Objects for libvirt
> based on top of the native ruby binding, Virt ruby gem exposes real objects
> such as Host, Guest, StoragePool, Interface etc.
>
> more info at https://github.com/ohadlevy/virt
>
> Foreman - Web UI for provisioning and managing servers
>
> Among the many things foreman can do, It provides to relevant parts to
> libvirt:
>
> UI to list / start / stop / destroy vms
> UI to create a new vm as part of the provisioning process (e.g. dhcp, dns,
> tftp, pxe, vm, ks/preseed, puppet etc)
>
> more info at http://theforeman.org

  Hi Ohad,

the simplest is to actually send a patch against the file docs/apps.html.in
in the source tree. I would think "Ruby Objects for libvirt" should be
added in the "libraries" section, and "Foreman" in the "provisioning"
section. The pages are maintained in the source which also allow to
package them easilly, I hope making an HTML patch isn't too complex,
if not say so I will do it myself :-)

  thanks !

Daniel