[libvirt-users] Is libvirt supported on Citrix Xenserver?

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:33:35 UTC 2011

2011/6/15 G Naresh Kumar <naresh.gadepalli at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> Is libvirt supported on Citrix Xenserver. I have been searching for the same
> with little/no luck.
> If supported, can you point to some links/documents which can help me try
> out the same.
> Thanks,
> Naresh

libvirt can use XenAPI via libxenserver [1]. That should allow you to
use libvirt with a Citrix XenServer. You can use virsh like this
assuming you have a libxenserver enabled libvirt:

  virsh -c xenapi://my-xen-server

But it's true, there is no documentation about this on the libvirt website yet.

[1] http://community.citrix.com/display/xs/Download+SDKs

--
Matthias Bolte
http://photron.blogspot.com