[libvirt-users] client certificate path hard coded?

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 11 21:05:55 UTC 2011

2011/3/11 Anthony Goddard <agoddard at mbl.edu>:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to figure out how to get my desktop talking to two libvirt hosts
> using qemu+tls and I've read that virsh relies on hard coded paths to the
> certificates.. which seems to be true.
> Is there a way to tell virsh to use a different path to a certificate, or
> another way people solve this presently?
> Cheers,
> Ant

Recent libvirt 0.8.8 added a new query parameter pkipath. This allows
you to specify a directory containing cacert.pem, clientkey.pem and
clientcert.pem to be used for that connection.

virsh -c qemu+tls://example.com/system/?pkipath=/local/path/to/certificates

See http://libvirt.org/remote.html

Matthias