[libvirt-users] ruby bindings has two gems (I think)

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 13:23:45 UTC 2011

On 03/13/11 - 06:59:36AM, James Barkley wrote:
> Thanks for the info. Are there any plans to extend the functionality of the
> ruby-libvirt gem beyond just the bindings? For instance, convenience
> functions, OVF parsing, etc? We have needed this functionality so ended up
> building a gem called "ovfparse" for fetching and parsing these types of
> files (code at https://github.com/ruby-ovf/ovfparse).

The current bindings are, indeed, just a thin wrapper on top of the libvirt
API.  I have had some requests (and patches) for a higher-level, more ruby-like
layer on top of the standard bindings.  I haven't yet had time to take a look
at them, but I am not opposed to having a better library on top.

--
Chris Lalancette