[libvirt-users] libvir: Remote error : cannot recv data: : Connection reset by peer

Dave Allan dallan at redhat.com
Tue Oct 4 16:03:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 08:30:16AM -0700, Sharad Mishra wrote:

> Check the 'max_clients' value in /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf. Experiment
> with increasing that value to see if your problem goes away.

The OP filed a BZ about this problem that provided a bit more
information about the code which indicated that it was opening new
connections for every API call and not closing them, resulting in no
available connections.  Increasing max_clients will appear to make the
problem go away, but will only delay the inevitable result of running
out of connections.  The code needs to be fixed to open one connection
and use it for all subsequent API calls.

Dave