[libvirt-users] no connection driver available for openvz:///system

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 03:07:29 UTC 2011

2011/10/11 张立洪 <zlh_086 at 126.com>

> First ,thanks for you help
> but I am very sorry,I do not konw how to recompile libvirt to support
> openvz.
>

> My os is centos6,its own libvirt version is 0.8.1
>
> please tell me how to recomplie libvirt.because I do not find libvirt
> makefile.
>

> 在 2011-10-11 16:50:19,"Matthias Bolte" <matthias.bolte at googlemail.com> 写道:

> >> This may be a simple case of your libvirt binary not being pre-compiled with
> >> openvz support.  What distro are you using?  What does:
> >>
> >> virsh --version=long
> >>
> >> display?  It may be that you have to recompile libvirt from a tarball and
> >> explicitly request that the openvz code be compiled, if the pre-built binary
> >> from your distro omits that driver.
> >
> >Maybe the problem is that OpenVZ and Virtuozzo are not identical. See
> >this thread on the user list about the difference between ctid and
> >vpsid:
> >
> >https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2011-May/msg00070.html
>
> >https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2011-July/msg00031.html
> >
> >I looked this up in the OpenVZ source history at that time and vpsid
> >was changed to ctid at some time. So the OpenVZ driver needs to deal
> >with this difference as it seems that Virtuozzo is based on newer
> >OpenVZ that uses ctid.
> >
> >--
> >Matthias Bolte
> >http://photron.blogspot.com

Accidently sent this directly to OP,

You'll want to download the libvirt SRPM for CentOS 6.  Based on the comment
from the spec file , RHEL and CentOS is purposely not compiled with openvz,

# RHEL doesn't ship OpenVZ, VBox, UML, OpenNebula, PowerHypervisor,
# VMWare, or libxenserver (xenapi)
%if 0%{?rhel}
%define with_openvz 0

To enable openvz you change that define to 1 and then rebuild using the
spec.

You can extract the SRPM contents with...

rpm2cpio libvirt-xxxx.src.rpm | cpio -dimv

Then follow this documentation, http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/RebuildSRPM ,
to rebuild a new RPM.

Hope that helps,

 - Trey