[libvirt-users] no connection driver available for openvz:///system

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Oct 14 14:19:33 UTC 2011

On 10/13/2011 06:57 PM, ÕÅÁ¢ºé wrote:
> I am very proud to share this problem with you !
>
> thanks for your instructions.
>

> virt-manager currently support xen,qemu-kvm,and the latest version support lxc.libvirt can connect openvz,and via virsh command tools can mananger openvz, but official does not claimed that virt-manager support openvz...perhaps virt-manager can support openvz in theory,but I do not kown how to modify or add to support openvz.

Support for openvz requires recompilation of the libvirt package from
source, with the correct headers installed.  For example, Fedora's
pre-built libvirt includes this support, while RHEL does not.  Depending
on your distro, you may have to rebuild your own libvirt to enable the
extra bits that your distro does not support by default.