[libvirt-users] virt-install with set vnc password

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Sat Oct 22 18:21:52 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 2:11 PM, vmnode guy <vmnodeguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seem like there is no such option, or could my option place it incorrectly
> ?
>
> root at cloudnode2:~/new# cat virt-install.sh
> vm_uid=testvm
> vcpu=2
> ram=512
> diskspace=10
> path=/home/source/ubuntu-10.04.2-server-amd64.iso
>

> #virt-install -n $vm_uid --vcpus=$vcpu -r $ram -f /root/new/disk0.raw -s
> $diskspace -c $path --accelerate --connect=qemu:///system --vnc
> --vnclisten=0.0.0.0 --noautoconsole -v
>
> virt-install -n $vm_uid --vcpus=$vcpu -r $ram -f /root/new/disk0.raw -s
> $diskspace -c $path --accelerate --connect=qemu:///system --vnc --graphics
> vnc,password=testing --noautoconsole -v
> root at cloudnode2:~/new#
> root at cloudnode2:~/new#
> root at cloudnode2:~/new# sh virt-install.sh
> Usage: virt-install --name NAME --ram RAM STORAGE INSTALL [options]
>
> virt-install: error: no such option: --graphics
> root at cloudnode2:~/new#
>
> Regards,
> Peter Cheng

Are you sure that you're running the latest virt-install -- because latest
does have that option.  If you refer to the manpages of the latest version:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=python-virtinst.git;a=blob;f=man/en/virt-install.pod.in#l633

I recommend you update your virt-install version in order to be able to use
that option, otherwise, you might be limited in your options.  You could add
a command that sets it manually by connecting to qemu (might be more
complicated).  If it's the same password, I think you could leave it in
/etc/libvirt/qemu.conf

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/QEMUSwitchToLibvirt#change_vnc_PASSWORD

Let me know if this helps.

--