[libvirt-users] how to setup libvirt with java bindings for use

Dan Hirsch dan.hirsch at ravellosystems.com
Wed Oct 26 16:18:35 UTC 2011

Can you please elaborate ? How is it done? Do I have to do it for each
platform?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 26, 2011, at 17:08, Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:

On 10/26/2011 09:39 AM, Dan Hirsch wrote:

Hi,

I would like to use libvirt to manipulate virtual machines of different

types (KVM, ESXi etc.)

I added dependencies to my project the libvirt and jna jars.

trying to execute your example code I am getting a run time exception saying

the library cann't be found.

it an actual libvirt c library is also required, and needs to be compiled

separately?

can you please write down all needed steps for using libvirt with java

binding?

thanks in advance.

Yes, you should have libvirt installed and in the library in your path.
-- bk