[libvirt-users] Live migration with 2 nodes and no SAN

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 00:21:51 UTC 2011

I'd like to begin using live migrations with my KVM install, but I do not
have any shared storage.  I will have 2 identical nodes, with their own
local storage.  Everything I've read seems to point to DRDB, but I am not
finding many resources on how to implement DRDB + qcow2 + KVM.
 Currently I've been using virt-manager to manage my VMs which are all using
qcow2 images.  With a setup using DRDB, if I mount the replicated device to
/var/lib/libvirt/images, what ensures that each virtual disk is only being
used by a single node until migration is needed?  I have no experience with
HA systems or services.

What suggestions or experiences has anyone had with this type of setup?  Any
advice is welcome.

Thanks
- Trey