[libvirt-users] [Building Error] cannot stat `t-af.gmo': No such file or directory

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 15:44:13 UTC 2012

On 04/03/2012 09:40 AM, Zhihua Che wrote:
> 在 2012年4月3日 下午11:02,Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> 写道:
>> On 04/03/2012 08:18 AM, Zhihua Che wrote:
>>> Hi, everyone
>>>
>>>     I'm building the newest libvirt from git repository, of version
>>> 782afa98e4a5fa9a0927a9e32f9cf36082a2e8e7
>>> and failed complaining as the following.
>>>
>>> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/harvey/open-projects/libvirt-build/po'
>>> cd ../../libvirt/po && : --update af.po libvirt.pot
>>
>> Why is the ':' there? Usually, this would be a call to one of the
>> gettext tools (msgmerge, in particular).
>>

> I guess you're right, after I install gettext, building succeeds.
>
> I wonder if it's better that configure would fail when some packages
> wasn't ready. I didn't know I missed some packages because configure
> didn't output errors and any obvious warnings.

Running ./autogen.sh should already be requiring minimum tools; look at
how bootstrap.conf has the $buildreq variable that includes gettext 0.17
as a prereq.  Maybe the problem is that you can have a system with
gettext but not msgmerge?  What distro are you using, and what
package(s) did you install to get things working?  How are the binaries
divided between packages?  Do we need to add a line to $buildreq?