[libvirt-users] libvirt slow responding after define poool with existing VG with some other lv

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 12:33:21 UTC 2012

On 04/16/2012 08:27 AM, Anton Gorlov wrote:

> 16.04.2012 16:12, Cole Robinson МапОсал:
>> On 04/16/2012 03:20 AM, Anton Gorlov wrote:
>>> If I add  VG with some other lv-s to  libvirt pool   then libvirt slow
>>> responding. How to fix it?
>>>

>> Which distro and version of libvirt are you using? There is a fix that may
>> help, but it's only in 0.9.10 or newer:
>
> distro is ALTLinux, package based on 0.9.11 version of libvirt
> and contains
>
> if (!STRPREFIX(pool->def->target.path, "/dev"))
>         goto ret_strdup;
>
> slow is pool-start command on lvm vg

Okay so that's not the issue. Maybe one of the lvm commands is slow for your
setup. Try running sudo LIBVIRT_DEBUG=1 libvirtd, run the pool-start in
another terminal, and see if the libvirtd debug output gives any indication
where things are hanging.

Also how long does pool-start actually take? If it's a constant time maybe
some timeout is the culprit.

- Cole