[libvirt-users] Creating Domain and moving a kvm disk under libvirt control

James Allsopp jamesaallsopp at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 20 18:30:41 UTC 2012

HI,
This is how the install fails, and I've checked the path to the install;
Hawaiian:/etc/libvirt/qemu# virt-install --connect qemu:///system -n
nagios -r 512 --vcpus=2 --disk
path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/nagios.img,size=6.5 -c
/var/lib/libvirt/images/debian-6.0.3-amd64-netinst.iso --vnc
--noautoconsole --os-type linux --os-variant debiansqueeze
--accelerate --network=bridge:br0 --hvm

Starting install...
Allocating 'nagios.img'                                  | 6.5 GB     00:00
Creating domain...                                       |    0 B     00:00
Domain installation does not appear to have been
 successful.  If it was, you can restart your domain
 by running 'virsh start nagios'; otherwise, please

I'm using libvirt-bin version 0.8.3-5+squeeze2 and qemu-kvm
0.12.5+dfsg-5+squeeze8

The log didn't contain anything explicit about an error.

If you can help with this I would be very grateful,
James