[libvirt-users] Libvirt Seg Fault when compiling either 0.9.13 or 0.10.0-rc1

Shawn Furrow sfurrow at vt.edu
Wed Aug 22 13:31:29 UTC 2012

I am using the Ubuntu lucid distribution package xsltproc. I have done
apt-get update and apt-get upgrade recently so it should be up-to-date for
lucid anyway. I re-installed the package but I still get the exact same
error. Not sure what's going on.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 08/22/2012 06:54 AM, Shawn Furrow wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to install a version of Libvirt that will be compatible with
> > qemu-kvm-1.1 but I cannot seem to get Libvirt to compile. During the make
> > portion of the install I get the following error:

> > make[4]: Entering directory `/home/shawn/libvirt-0.10.0/docs'
> > Generating 404.html.tmp
> > /bin/bash: line 5: 59204 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/xsltproc
> > --stringparam pagename $name --nonet --html ../docs/site.xsl 404.html.in>
> > 404.html.tmp
>
> That's a segfault in xsltproc.  What version of xsltproc do you have
> installed?  Have you checked for/filed a bug against that package?
> Still, it may be something where a tweak to libvirt sources could avoid
> tickling that bug in xsltproc, since I don't have any problems building
> the docs when building on Fedora.
>
> --
> Eric Blake   eblake at redhat.com    +1-919-301-3266

Virginia Tech
Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
B.S. Electrical Engineering
B.S. Computer Engineering