[libvirt-users] CentOS 6.3 LXC guest with CentOS 6.3 host

Ajey Gore ajeygore at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 13:13:27 UTC 2012

I have been struggling with LXC libvirt driver. I created LXC container fs
from "yum install" with install root option.

After that edited few files and created special nodes

rm -f /dev/null
mknod -m 666 /dev/null c 1 3
mknod -m 666 /dev/zero c 1 5
mknod -m 666 /dev/urandom c 1 9
ln -s /dev/urandom /dev/random
mknod -m 600 /dev/console c 5 1
mknod -m 660 /dev/tty1 c 4 1
chown root:tty /dev/tty1
mkdir -p /dev/shm
chmod 1777 /dev/shm
mkdir -p /dev/pts
chmod 755 /dev/pts

basically all instructions from here

http://wiki.1tux.org/wiki/Centos6/Installation/Minimal_installation_using_yum

My configuration looks like this
<domain type='lxc'>
  <name>c03</name>
  <memory unit="G">4</memory>
  <os>
    <type>exe</type>
    <init>/sbin/init</init>
  </os>
  <vcpu>1</vcpu>
  <clock offset='utc'/>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>destroy</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/srv/libvirt-1.0.0/src/libvirt_lxc</emulator>
    <filesystem type='mount'>
      <source dir='/srv/guest/c03'/>
      <target dir='/'/>
    </filesystem>
    <interface type='network'>
        <mac address='52:54:00:00:00:01'/>
        <source network='default'/>
        <target dev='vnic-c03'/>
        <model type='virtio'/>
     </interface>

   <console type='pty' />
  </devices>
</domain>

I compiled libvirt from source. MY container comes up fine but I get

init: tty (/dev/tty1) main process ended, respawning
init: tty (console) respawning too fast, stopped

also, I can't login as root, because it say /dev/pts/0 is not safe, but if
I add a normal user with chroot and then I login, it works perfectly.

So in this case, after init stops everything, I can't get rc.local to
execute and in turn can't get ip address and other configurations up and
running.

help?

--
Thanks