[libvirt-users] possible to disable but not remove hardware?

David Mansfield libvirt at dm.cobite.com
Wed Jan 18 15:21:21 UTC 2012

I have a situation where I frequently need to "add" and "remove" a NIC,
but each time I "add" it, I need the same MAC address.  I'm using
virt-manager mostly, but would be willing to use "virsh" if necessary,
although it doesn't seem to hotplug the same way (something else to
figure out another day ;-).

It doesn't appear in the domain XML format that there is any "disabled"
attribute than can be used.  Is that true?  Is there a different usage
pattern to accomplish this?

Thanks,
David Mansfield
Cobite, INC.