[libvirt-users] Issue with getCPUStats and getMemoryStats

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 08:08:25 UTC 2012

On 2012年07月10日 15:07, Ananth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing issue with the calls getCPUStats and getMemoryStats. Please
> find the error below.
>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
> 'VIR_NODE_CPU_STATS_ALL_CPUS'
>  >>> print con.getCPUStats(2, None, 0, 0)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 2173, in
> getCPUStats
>      ret = libvirtmod.virNodeGetCPUStats(self._o, cpuNum, params,
> nparams, flags)
> *AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'virNodeGetCPUStats'*
>
>  >>> print con.getMemoryStats(2, None, 0, 0)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 2245, in
> getMemoryStats
>      ret = libvirtmod.virNodeGetMemoryStats(self._o, cellNum, params,
> nparams, flags)
> *AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'virNodeGetMemoryStats'*
>

> Kind let me know if this is a known issue. I came to know that this
> issue was fixed in 0.9.8 version of libvirt. I am executing these calls
> on libvirt-0.9.8 compiled (--with-netcf) on centos 6.2.
> Please let me know if any other option needs to be specified while
> compiling libvirt in order to get this working.

Well, from your previous mail, you compiled libvirt with
"--prefix=/opt/libvirt", so apprently you don't use the
right module:

 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
 >    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 2173, in
 > getCPUStats

It's the same reason for you can't see any VMs listed with
"virsh list --all", your libvirtd looks up the domains config
from /opt/libvirt/etc/libvirt, and there is no vm configs there.

I don't known why you want to install to /opt/prefix, but
to make things easy enough, why not:

./autogen.sh --system && make install

Regards,
Osier