[libvirt-users] virsh define function question

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 14:03:59 UTC 2012

On 07/19/2012 01:01 AM, zhanggp wrote:
> Hi,
> How do I view the libvirt virsh domxml-to-native function implementation?

Do you mean the virsh implementation (which just calls the API, and
works), or the qemu driver implementation (which is where you are
encountering the problems)?

> I think this function contains some error.

I would not be surprised if domxml-from-native had bugs - that area of
the qemu driver (src/qemu/qemu_command.c) has been historically
under-maintained; but domxml-to-native should just work (because it's
how we create the qemu command line that starts your guest).

> Because we use libvirt to manage some host and vms on vmware hypervisor.

Oh, you're using vmware, not qemu (I guess I should read the whole email
first :)  In that case, the code would be in src/vmware/vmware_driver.c;
but while I see .domainXMLFromNative implemented for vmware as of
0.9.11, no one has yet implemented .domainXMLToNative for vmware.
Patches welcome.

> Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying attachment(s)

This is a publicly archived list; your employer's disclaimer is
unenforceable here.  It is considered better netiquette to post from a
personal account that won't spam the list with legalese disclaimers.