[libvirt-users] A RFE for libvirt

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 22:38:18 UTC 2012

On 06/05/2012 12:23 AM, whuang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a libvirt user , there is a requirement about libvirt :
> I need a virsh cmd like "#virsh *create-as* --disk --net " to create a
> very sample guest
> I have not xml file and I think it's a little hard for me to create a
> NEW xml for libvirt , so I need a virsh cmd like "vol-create-as " help
> me do that.
> I know there are a lot of options for creating a guest , I just need
> --disk and --net options , others libvirt can set a defaut value .
> I just want an easy way to create a guest :>

I personally find it easier to use virt-manager or virt-install or
gnome-boxes to create an initial guest template, then to modify that XML
for any final tweaks before using the guest in earnest.  I'm not sure
how easy it would be to add guest templating directly into libvirt, nor
whether it would be duplicating effort that has already been coded
elsewhere.