[libvirt-users] can't add cpu's to virtual guest

Nitin kumar nitin12tyagi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:19:33 UTC 2012

Hi All,

We need to down the guest and edit the xml file and make the change on this
.
To save the change in xml configuration file need to give the command
#virsh definr <guest.xml>

It will save permanetly ...start the guest ...

No way to change this on line ....

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Alex Jia <ajia at redhat.com> wrote:

> **
> On 03/05/2012 04:49 AM, David M. Barlieb wrote:
>
>  I have a rhel6.0 server running kvm. I have recently needed to add
> additional cpu’s to some of the guests but cannot do it via virt-manager,
> can’t doit using virt, and can’t do it by vi the guest.xml file. Is this a
> bug or am I missing something?
>
> Hi David,
> The current kvm doesn't support vCPU hotplug, which will be supported in
> the future, so you can't change vCPU number for a running guest, it's a
> expected result.
>

> Regards,
> Alex
>
>  ****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks,****
>
> DaveB****

With Best Regards,
Nitin Kumar
Sr. System Engineer-Unix (CSC India Pvt. Ltd,  Noida )
+91-9999706444